- The Devils were able to get a point out of the game last night, which is a positive considering how the game started. Read our recap from last night…
- Devils head to Washington to take on the Capitals tonight who are currently in 9th place. Johan Hedburg will get the start. Hedberg is 13-7-2 but hasn’t played since Feb. 9 against St. Louis. His last win was Feb. 4 in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia leaped over idle Ottawa and moved into 5th place in the east with a 6-3 win over the Islanders last night. The Devils remain in 7th place, 1 point behind Ottawa and 5 points ahead of 8th place Winnipeg who routed Florida last night 7-0 to move into 8th. If the Devils can manage just 18 points in the next 19 games, that would give them 93 points on the season would should be enough to secure a playoff sopt.
- James van Riemsdyk blocked a shot by Islanders defenseman Milan Jurcina which resulted in a broken foot for JVR. Another crushing injury to the Flyers.
- Rangers and Canucks continue to win and battle it out for the President’s trophy
- Lots of possible playoff implications tonight on the schedule as Washington, Chicago, Ottawa, Dallas, Minnesota and Anaheim play tonight.
Remember last year when Kovalchuk completely screwed up in the shootout? Well that doesn’t even come close to this Shootout Fail by Devin Setoguchi..